Saturday 14 January 2012

Sign up bonuses are the key to survival

In my years as an online texas holdem poker player then I have been only too aware of how external financial incentives are vital for any online poker player. I have learned over the years that the key to making serious profits in online poker is to actually treat the entire thing like a business. This means that you are not essentially just concentrating on playing poker hands. You are concerned about reducing your costs of doing business but also you are also interested in getting as much external monetary assistance as you possibly can. This is done in two key areas and I will go into those shortly. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform regular readers that Pokerroom has opened its doors again for business.

Some years ago then this used to be my favourite poker room for cash poker for reasons that I will go into. However they have a sign up bonus of 100% up to $1000 and so this is a fantastic start up cushion for any new player looking to try and make poker a career. You will inevitably make mistakes as a novice poker player and this needs to be cushioned somewhat. So you are looking for the best sign up bonuses and rakeback which allow you to earn money without it having to come from the actual games themselves. So in this instance then the $1000 sign up bonus that you get on Pokerroom could just be the cushion that helps you make it as a winning poker player.

Let me put a scenario by you, imagine a poker player starts out playing micro-stakes levels and loses $500 as part of his education of learning. That $500 may be the catalyst that causes them to stop playing poker. However if you have taken advantage of a $1000 bonus then you are actually $500 ahead during that same period of learning! This will then really give you the confidence to move on and possibly play higher levels. I mentioned earlier about my reasons for playing on Pokerroom and they are as follows. Firstly the site has around 40,000 players at peak time and this is something that is key to being able to make money from the game.

Secondly I find the software to be pretty good and especially the lobby screen which is a vital source of information that needs to be tapped into for maximum effect. For example I need to see clearly how big my potential future opponent’s stacks are before I sit at the table. If they have middling size stacks or several of them do then I know that this game will be lucrative. This is because serious players in no limit holdem will tend to have either full stacks or minimum stacks. They either want to capitalise on their opponents deep stacked errors or they want to get all in as soon as possible. Both strategies are viable but good players do not play in between stacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment