Friday 28 October 2011

Waking up the neighbours

Probably really showing my age now but I will be going to see Bryan Adams twice in three days in Nottingham on November 29th and my home town of Sheffield on 1st December. The “Waking up the Neighbours” Tour is great for any Adams fan but I haven’t seen him live since 1997 when I went with my then girlfriend after she had fallen down stairs and broke her leg and she hobbled into Sheffield Arena on crutches…..never forget that!
But the concert was amazing and even more so because he had two 100ft blow up nude women on stage with him……I have been to many concerts  in my time but the energy that he put into three solid hours made it an absolute five star performance that I will be interested to see if he matches.
So what has been happening with the poker? Well I have had a good spell since the last post but I have been playing STT’s for a change and I won nine out of thirty one and showed a $117 profit. I also just for the sheer hell of it tried to spin up $1 into as much as I could and turned it into $64 in the space of sixteen minutes……pretty cool. But the poker strategy this week has been pretty simple……have as much fun as possible before I kick on next week in what will be another serious week.
I go through bursts like this where I get motivated for a while and then stop.  I told myself some weeks ago that moving to www.pokerstars.co.uk was the best move but my main problem isn’t being able to beat the games at the levels that I play at but simply getting motivated to play. Trust me when I say that it isn’t like Las Vegas when you play on a computer. In fact many people often ask me if I have ever been to Las Vegas or played in the World Series of Poker and that is a resounding no to both.
I think that Las Vegas and the WSOP is for dreamers but me on the other hand, I just like to keep it simple and playing 3-4 events with big buy-ins and trying to wade through those big fields trying to catch lightening in a bottle isn’t really part of my game plan. So I am stuck in an online grind of my own making…….oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment