Friday 21 October 2011

A great way to start the blog rolling

Seeing as I am now writing a poker blog then I suppose that I best play some poker. Although I did actually on the 1st April 2010 (the date has no significance as I just like to start things on the 1st of the month) embark on a challenge where I started with $100 and tried to turn that into $10,000. I started at the $2 games at no limit cash games. Well to cut a long story short then I reached the $10k landmark on December 30th 2010. It hadn’t been easy and was probably the toughest thing that I have ever had to undertake in all my years as an online player.

These days though I play at www.pokerstars.co.uk simply because the site has far more action than anyone else. However what I did on the 1st January this year was make a decision to take the challenge onto $100,000 from the original $100. I am not playing $0.50-$1.00 games with $100 buy-ins and have just past the $40,000 mark and so have made $30,000 since January 1st.

I do have the bankroll to play far higher but NL100 is my niche really as the online games are proving far tougher than live games. I haven’t played live poker in ages and playing online and writing is taking up my time now. I could play full time but I did that once upon a time and it did my head in and sitting at the same chair for eight hours a day simply isn’t my idea of fun.

The long term effects of sitting at a computer all week are probably not known yet as widespread use has not been with us all that long. I have been successful on other fronts as well and went on a strict food and health regime in July and have lost 26lbs in weight and so I am very pleased about that and so it isn’t just the Texas Hold Em that is going well.

For new readers then I also write for three major poker magazines in Poker Pro Europe, Online Poker Pro and Player Ireland. The challenge isn’t all the poker that I have been playing though and I have had had a good year short stacking Pot Limit Omaha and No Limit Texas Hold Em games and made around $10,000 from that also. If I could write less and dedicate myself a little more then $100k isn’t out of the way for me as there is a lot of weak money at the lower levels. I try and stay clear of the good players these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment